Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend Worship—The Breath of God

Your name will no longer be Abram, but your name will be Abraham, for I will make you the father of many nations . . . God also said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. Genesis 17:5, 15

So often we become God’s children, long before we allow Him to breathe life into our lives. Our hearts belong to him, but we often resist the changes He wants to make in us.

I think the same thing was true of Abraham and Sarah. They followed God for quite a while before they actually let Him make the changes He wanted. It this instance in the Bible is when He made those changes.

These name changes were very significant. God added an H to both their names. If you say the sound that an H makes, it’s an exhalation of breath. I think this was when they allowed God to breathe life into them.

How would your life change, if you allowed God to breath life into your current circumstances? Definitely something to ponder.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Edie. Wonderful start for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edie! I love the story of Abraham and Sarah. God is so faithful, even when we think he's not coming, he will. I think if I would allow God to breathe into my life, I'd feel less stressed.

    God certainly doesn't want me to be pressured by my circumstances, and I do know that. But of course, I slide into it sometimes without even knowing it.

    Have a breath-filled day :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete