Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekend Worship—When No Becomes Yes


The Lord is not slow in doing what he promised—the way some people understand slowness. But God is being patient with you. 2 Peter 3:9

Over the last few days I’ve watched a dream I thought dead, come back to life. 
  
It started a little over ten years ago, with a nightmare. Yes, you’ve done your math correctly and it was 2001, but the nightmare didn’t begin with 9/11. It began two months and two days later, on November 13 and it was the day my best friend and her six-year-old daughter disappeared. Over the next few months I discovered Jennifer and Abby Blagg had been murdered...by her husband. 

It was my first experience with domestic violence.

I had already answered what I believed was God’s call to write, and I could see that this calling would be the perfect opportunity for me to tell Jennifer’s story. I even had others close to her tell me that I should be the one to tell her story.
But no matter how I tried, I couldn’t make things work. So I took that as a sign from God and gave up that part of the dream.

Then a couple of months ago I was contacted by an independent television company, Make Believe Media. They had decided to produce an episode about what had happened to Jennifer and Abby.












This past Thursday and Friday, they’ve been here, filming that episode. I'm grateful for the opportunity to tell Jennifer’s story and giving the information others need to recognize the signs and stop the cycle of domestic violence.


NOTE: Here's a link to the follow-up blog with information about the airing of the program, The Devil You Know, on the Investigate Discovery channel. The episode about Jennifer is titled: Twisted Faith.

13 comments:

  1. And God said yes...in a big way! I know you have mixed emotions about all this: sad for all the reminders and the heartache it brings, but thankful that Jennifer's and Abby's story will now be told.

    I pray for peace as you go through this process and as you write this much-needed book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! http://rebeccamhoffman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edie, embracing you as you walk through this painful journey again. Your book will allow others to have a voice or spread your voice. You're doing a great thing, my friend, by honoring your friend and honoring God's call on your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Edie,
    I emailed you but fear it may have ended up in your spam folder. Connie Mace blogservant@nwchristianwriters.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edie, your words brought tears to my eyes. Telling the story of your dear friend and her daughter will bring Light to many others, as well as honor their precious memory.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful opportunity God has given you in HIS time!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful opportunity God has given you in HIS time!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bittersweet story. If anyone can tell their story with dignity and truth, you can. Thanks for being willing to get the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is encouraging. I hate to hear what happened to your friend. It is nice to know that even after the long wait, what you knew you were suppose to be doing is becoming a reality. Sometimes it does take longer than we ever expect it to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edie,
    I would love for you to do a guest blog of this story on my blog. Please contact me.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying with you about His messsage, His time, and His glory.

    Jeanne
    www.jeannedoyon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete